at Morgan Park Presbyterian Church
Director of Music
Accountability: To the pastor as head of staff
Purpose: To coordinate and plan the music program of the congregation and choir
Must be proficient in piano/organ performance
Experienced church musician (desired)
Excellent sight-reading ability (desired)
Ability to play various genres of music, i.e., classical, contemporary, jazz, etc.
• Plan and coordinate the music program of the congregation with pastor and make appropriate recommendations
• Coordinate/Direct the chancel choir, select and teach appropriate seasonal music
• Provide appropriate piano/organ music for services of worship
• Respond to other music needs that come through the Music Committee
• Provide soloists as needed.
Evaluation: Performance reviews will be conducted annually by the pastor as head of staff and the Session Personnel Committee.
Sunday 9:15am choir review and 10:30am worship
Weekly Chancel Choir rehearsal
• Annual three (3) weeks vacation (dates to be scheduled with Pastor)
• Use of the church sanctuary, library and music room as space for rehearsals, recitals, recordings, and/or offering lessons
• Vast music library
• Always free parking
Send résumé with cover letter to:
Morgan Park Presbyterian Church
2017 W 110th Place
Chicago, IL 60643