Chef Carla's Cooking Class
The March dates for this class are postponed until further notice. New dates will be promoted soon.
4:00pm - 6:30pm
$55 per class
Learn new cooking techniques and recipes to add to your family dinner collection including soups from scratch, homemade bread, salads, ice cream, budget meals and more! Cooking is a great place to meet and develop new friendships!
Chef Carla Ringo has taught free Youth Cooking Classes at Morgan Park Presbyterian for many years. Many requests to expand the class for adults led to this new program for adult tastes! Paying for this class will supplement our youth class over the summer.
Use the class descriptions below to decide which sessions you want to register for. Each class has a $55 fee to cover cost of food, teaching and fundraising. Register below for the classes of your choice and pay after registration by clicking the "donate" button above or bringing a check made out to Morgan Park Presbyterian Church.
What You Can Expect:
• Classes are typically 21⁄2 hours, unless otherwise noted but may run a little over
• You will work with other students in groups
• Our hands-on classes may be limited to 16 students
• You will be standing, cooking and working for most of the class
• Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and have long hair tied back
• You will enjoy a generous taste of every dish
The recipes are developed using common cooking and baking ingredients that may or may not be specified in the menu titles, including various fruits and vegetables, nuts, meats, spices, wheat flours, etc. If you have a food allergy, please check with us before attending the class; adjustments to recipes may not be able to be made during class.
Contact the church office with additional questions.